Κυριακή 4 Σεπτεμβρίου 2016

JOIN GREEK-AMERICAN MAGICIAN CRISS ANGEL IN THE FIGHT AGAINST PEDIATRIC CANCER

Aphrodite Kotrotsios, Co-Publisher
 Hellenic News of America
To my Greek brother and sisters,

As Greek-American – with both my parents John and Dimitra 100 percent Greek – I feel blessed to have been brought up with the heritage I’m so very proud of. The values and practices of the Greek church, being an altar boy for 11 years, a graduate of Sunday school, and my involvement in GOYA youth group was such an integral part of forming the person I’ve become today.
I’ve been blessed with success beyond my wildest dreams, and believe this blessing is to allow me to work for the greater good of children with pediatric cancer. I have worked with children’s charities since 2001, but just last year was told that my own son – Johnny Crisstopher – was diagnosed with leukemia, before his second birthday. My life’s mission is to raise awareness and money for treatment and research, so that hopefully one day we can make childhood cancer disappear.
On September 12, 2016, I’m holding the most important event of my life: HELP! (Heal Every Life Possible), which will take place in my theater at the Luxor in Las Vegas. I’m trying to raise a million dollars in one night, and 100 percent of every cent donated will go to treatment and research. I fund the foundation entirely out of my own pocket, and have had the good fortune to enlist some of my legendary celebrity friends to participate. Support from great people like Jerry Lewis, Tony Orlando, Siegfried & Roy, Mike Tyson, Chuck Liddell, Celine Dion, J.Lo, Britney Spears, and Elton John, just to name a few.
My hope is that the Greek community will join me in this fight by going to CrissAngelHELP.com and participating. Whether you can be present at this once-in-a-lifetime superstar event (for just $50 for a ticket) or not, we all can make a difference and I’m counting on my family in the Greek community to make the biggest impact!

This is about love, life, and children who should NEVER have to face life or death at any moment of any given day. Here’s a sad statistic: one child every 3 minutes will be diagnosed with cancer. We cannot accept this! We MUST, and WILL, make a difference. Please HELP!

"Hellenic News of America"